Monday, September 1, 2008

Mark's Birthday
Mark turned 29 this weekend.
Well, the kids and I went to Wal-Mart Friday night to get a birthday present for a birthday party the kids are going to on Labor Day. (That's what we told Mark anyway) We did that too but went to get Mark something for his birthday which was Saturday. After looking around for a while we couldn't really decide what to get him that wasn't going to break the meager bank for the occasion. Finally we decided to get him some of his favorite candies: Butterfingers, Snickers, and Twizzlers. The kids wanted to get him a cake. I normally would make one but I've been to tired :D and then it wouldn't be a surprise! Well, we went and looked and the tiny rounds were $8! I decided at that price to just make a cake! As we were still walking around we passed the expires today 40% bakery cart. There was one of the cakes we wanted to get for only $4.80! We got home and I left the kids in the car and ran in and grabbed a lighter and a few candles. I ran back out and got everything ready and then I called Mark to get Moriah out of the car cause she was asleep and I couldn't carry her. :D I ran out ahead of him and lit the candles and we sang happy birthday to him and enjoyed the cake. I think Mark really enjoyed it and the kids were so excited to surprise daddy.
Saturday we slept in and then went to the Deseret Book outlet in South Jordan. They had a stack of books, most by general authorities, for $0.99 each!!! One was the first book of the discourses of President Hinckley 1995-1999! We got 5 books and then I remembered that I had plenty of points so we got Mark a bunch of books and didn't spend anything!
Then we went to get Mark some military garments and looked around the Deseret Book for a while. The kids and I then took Mark to lunch at Golden Corral.

We all enjoyed being able to spend the day together and celebrate Mark's Birthday!

2 comments:

{Rollins Family} said...

happy birtdhay mark!!
you guys can come over anytime to see ike, colter, and do your hair. just let mw know :)

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

Awesome! I'm a bargain shopper, so I definitely appreciate all those good deals. Happy Birthday, Mark! And thanks for the comments on our blog, Elaine.