Friday, December 31, 2010

Maxfield recap of 2010 & resolutions for 2011

I hope this letter finds you all in good health
2010 flew by in such a flash it's difficult to believe that it is the last day of 2010!
Here is a pic of the kids from August of 2009 and below that is one from June of 2010. BOY my kids have grown so much this year!!!

Mark & I have had a busy year, the first half of the year Mark was in school full time. He took a break in July due to his Marine Corps Annual 2 week training being in the middle of a semester. He started two new jobs in September. One for A&B Mechanical a plumbing contractor, he works @ BYU on the DT project, usually. He's so amazing and took this job so that I could stay home w/ the baby so I was able to quit my job in September. The other job Mark started is working at a Martial Arts School. He is business partners w/ a friend who opened a new school. Infinite Martial Arts, it's in Kearns (right down the street from where we used to live ;)
I have loved staying home w/ McKenzie! I can't believe I worked for 18 months!

Both Jordan and Moriah tested for their Yellow Belts on Dec 15th and did a WONDERFUL job! It's fun to see them work hard for something and get the gratification of their hard work. I love that we are all doing Tae kwon do again! (McKenzie is too young to start class but she LOVES to do it w/ us too!)

Jordan started taking Adderall in April and it has definitely helped him to focus at school! He's in 3rd grade now and he got Baptized June 5th! It was wonderful to see him choose to be baptized.

Moriah is in 2nd grade and loving it. She is 7 and growing up so fast.

McKenzie just turned 2 and is such a smart girl. My parents were here for Christmas and my dad kept talking about how articulate she is. She just speaks w/ such clarity it is hard to believe she is 2. Also when she had her 2 year check up we found out that if she really doubles her height that would put her taller than Mark at 6'1.5"!!! She is at 110% for height at two years old which is a 50% for a 3 year old! This year she learned to run, jump, kick, play, imagine, feed herself. As shown from the pictures above she has really grown up this year.

We are loving our place in Saratoga Springs. The condos are full of other kids and it is a very safe environment for playing. We look right down on the playground which is wonderful for the kids to be w/in ear shot!

I started a Mary Kay Business in Nov of 2009 but didn't really do much w/ it because of work and school this year. I am however getting to work this year to help get mark home from his first job so he can do the TKD and get back in school. I'm super excited for the opportunities and positive people I have met doing Mary Kay and I can't wait to reach my goals and my families goals while making the money by helping others feel & be beautiful and wonderful.

This coming year Mark and I have a few resolutions that I am totally excited about! I am working on losing the last 50lbs so that I can be in good health to try for another baby! :D (I lost 25 lbs between August & December) Also to make things easier for our Black Belt Test in August of 2011. Mark will be going for his 4th Dan and I will be going for my 2nd Dan!
Mark and I are starting a Total Money Makeover thanks to DAVE RAMSEY - check it out if you have any kind of goal to be more financially fit in 2011! (www.daveramsey.com)
We wish everyone a safe and Happy new year and the best of luck for 2011
The Maxfields
Mark, Elaine, Jordan, Moriah, & McKenzie

1 comment:

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

Wow! You guys are doing such GOOD things! It's inspiring. Wishing you luck on all your goals. Thanks for the update!