Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 27

Well, I decided I would blog about my time while Mark is gone. One reason is to help me to not let the time just pass but to catch all those amazing things that happen in ordinary days. I have a friend who's blog I LOVE to check often because she posts so often and like I said I LOVE IT!!! I want to be more organized so that I can do that as well.

Today was the wedding of my brothers sister in law. I made their wedding cake and this is how it turned out!

Then after picking the kids up from their friends we came home, got ready for bed, enjoyed a movie and they are down for the count!
Then Mark called from Maine! I got to talk to him for 40 min and it was wonderful! I wasn't expecting to speak to him for 26 more days so having time was wonderful. He leaves in a short while to head across the pond! :D
He didn't have his cell phone and he said there is this place in the airport where they have old cell phones that are for military to use so they can call family!! Oh my how grateful I am for that program and the opportunity it gave me to tell Mark that I love him one last time before I can't tell him for 26 days!

So another thing I need to add to this is that I have been making it through my days thanks to a wonderful book and CD by Hilary Weeks! It's called Bedtime and Naptime...i saw it on Good Things Utah the week before Mothers day and just had to get it!

She sings some parody songs that are amazing:
If you have a chance go get the book, it's great for moms, grandmas, & aunts!

2 comments:

Cherish said...

Beautiful job on the cake!

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

Nice work, Elaine!!